Author Topic: Key mapping/startup events for touchscreen  (Read 2097 times)

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
Key mapping/startup events for touchscreen
« on: March 30, 2008, 06:31:09 pm »
Like others, I've been trying to find a cheap solution to get a touchscreen computer in my kitchen so I could play music, control lighting, etc. 

I've settled on a computer and hardware (that I will update on the wiki as soon as I get this fixed- don't want my question to get lost)

The touchscreen's calibration only works when I shrink the lcd screen and then re-enlarge it (Fn + F5 and then Fn + F5 again) after the touchscreen's input is recognized (it loads usually as /dev/input/event6).

There are 2 primary reasons I want it to load on startup-  1) the keyboard is mounted behind the screen, and 2) I don't want to have to push those buttons every time it starts up.  Yes, I could (and plan) to keep it running at all times, but in the event that it gets rebooted I want the system to automatically restore itself to the previously (calibrated) stated.

So, want I would like to know is from anyone with some experience mapping keys and startup events how to merge the two so that the required signal is sent on startup.  I can't seem to attach my xorg.conf file and a picture of my setup...

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Key mapping/startup events for touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:22:59 pm »
The (old) Fujitsu Lifebook B series (specifically the B-2545) seems to do OK as a touch screen using the UI1.  It only has a P3-600 mhz processor and one sodimm slot.  I've been able to build a picture frame out of bamboo from a hardwood floor, turned the screen around 180 degrees and mounted the computer behind the lcd.

At any rate, I am having trouble with double clicking.  Whenever I touch the screen, 2 clicks are registered.  Such as when I navigate through the audio pages by pressing the up/down arrows.  The screen jumps 2 pages ahead instead of the expected/intended 1 page.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the SendCoreEvents vs just CoreEvents in the xorg file.  Anyone have any experience?

I though I saw someplace on the forums where this was mentioned, but I've searched all of combinations of various words that I can think of without any luck.

Thanks