Author Topic: LMCE core as an AP  (Read 2834 times)

rthorntn

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
LMCE core as an AP
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:09:02 am »
Hi

Please do not try to stop me or tell me "You're on your own" ;-)

The community here is great and an AP running on a headless core would be good, I am not going to use an external AP :-)

I have a Commell LS-570 "swiss-army-knife" firewall and I have just put LMCE beta3 on there.

Some details of the box here: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=612056

It has an atheros ABGN mini-pci wifi card installed and I am going to use this with LMCE and a Cisco 7921G (using 11a).

So I was thinking of dropping to a shell on the core downloading/compiling and installing madwifi then configuring it to act as an AP, any pointers on what else I need to do, ideally I would like the 7291G to be detected on the atheros interface and for that to work using chan-sccp-b?

Please help.

Thanks for all your help now and in the past.

Kind Regards
Richard

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: LMCE core as an AP
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:08:15 pm »
I really can't help you with your specific question..
However, if you don't have luck, then you can always get a self-contained access point (I just got a Netgeat ProSafe off of ebay for $40) and plug it in to the switch on your internal card. While I understand that isn't exactly what you were wanting to do, but its an alternative that works really well