Author Topic: Network configuration after a new install  (Read 4129 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Network configuration after a new install
« on: November 22, 2005, 07:25:48 pm »
Hello,
I have 3 nic cards on the workstation where i installed pluto. I can see that all nic cards are recognized by the OS and if I manually edit /etc/network/interfaces I can get ip on all nics. However upon a reboot only two nics are enabled and i dont see the old entries in network/interfaces.
What should I do in order to get the entry permanently enabled so I can always get 3 ip addresses. The current workaround I have put is to have a custom shell script invoked last in boot sequence which edits the interfaces file and performs a neworking restart.
I am not sure if its overwritten by pluto as I could see that Debian recognizes the 3 nics early in syslog.
addl ninfo, in pluto admin website, under core network settings tab it says i have 3 nics but presents ip for only two.

The setup is one static WAN address, one static pluto gateway address (which is what it should be per default pluto setup) and I need one more static ip to interconnect another network. I have 4 separate networks and I want to interconnect 3 of them. I thought adding a nic to the core would be a simple choice for me. It works except for the semi manual intervention to assign ip at boot time.

Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Network configuration after a new install
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 12:25:42 pm »
Currently, Pluto isn't too flexible when it comes to network setup. There is a plan to change this, but I can't give any ETAs. So, for the moment, you'll have to stick to your solution.