Author Topic: WIIMOTE Howto on the wiki  (Read 20163 times)

nemo

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: WIIMOTE Howto on the wiki
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 05:28:26 pm »
Thom,

Thank you for three clear answers to my three clear questions - it is a rare skill you have, and I appreciate it :)

couple more as follow up:

1. Can I utilize an existing Wii sensor bar? If yes how?

2. If not, will I only need a http://www.modpulse.com/articles/console-mods/usb-wii-sensor-bar/ to use Wii Remote, or will I need something else in addition (bluetooth dongle, etc..)?

Thank you,
nemo

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 05:52:31 pm »
Yes, it will work just fine.. all they are, are IR LEDs mounted in nice plastic. ;-)

-Thom

Todd

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 11:55:14 pm »
I followed the wiki article but when I rebooted my hybrid/core it asked what phone I was using.  I then did the following:

linuxmce@dcerouter:~$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:19:1D:D2:12:4E       Nintendo RVL-CNT-01
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$ sudo wminput -c ir_ptr 00:19:1D:D2:12:4E
[sudo] password for linuxmce:
Put Wiimote in discoverable mode now (press 1+2)...
Ready.

The wiimote is detected and seems to work, sortof.  It won't scroll to the right 1/4 of the screen.  (can't get to the advanced options on the menu bar, b/c cursor stops before it gets that far.)

If I reboot the hybrid/core, I then have to manually do the above again. 

1.  Why won't the cursor go to the right 1/4 of the screen (I am using a wide-screen tv if that matters)?
2.  What do I need to do to get the hybrid/core to automatically recognize the wiimote each time I reboot?

drjenk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 07:18:29 am »
Hi,
When pushing the red button, I get a screen that says a plug and play bluetooth device has been detected, with 3 options, none of which are correct.  So I say "no for now".  The wii mote then can control pointer movement by using the cursor keys, but I don't see any pointer movement when moving the remote around.  Is there anything else I need to do other than what is in this wiki post?

Thanks

piusvelte

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] WIIMOTE ir, full screen
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:53 pm »
I followed the wiki for setting up a wiimote, and am using the ir functionality, which makes this MD a incredible upgrade to my current setup using an xbox with XBMC. When the MD boots into the orbiter, and I connect a wiimote, I can only scroll through the bottom left 1/4 of the screen. Others have noted this problem as well.

For me the resolution was to use the default ir_ptr (with the tildes "~") and to add the xorg.conf lines described here.

Code: [Select]
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Wiimote"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "Name"          "Nintendo Wiimote"
EndSection
and to the ServerLayout section
Code: [Select]
InputDevice     "Wiimote" "AlwaysCore"
Also, I removed the mac address so that any of my wiimotes can connect. So far, so good. Now if I can get sound from my Audigy card, I can start using this MD!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:34:52 pm by piusvelte »

mactalla

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 01:50:21 am »
3. It is currently not mapped. one of the things that needs to be worked out by adventurous hackers like yourself, and us.

Where should I be looking to find the mapping of keys to behaviour?  I see I can map a wiimote button to KEY_PLAYPAUSE, but that doesn't seem to affect the loaded media.  Does LMCE have a mapping somewhere that needs to link this key to the play/pause command sent to Xine?  Where would I find that?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 08:11:17 am »
*hmm* you guys are looking at this wrong.

This needs to be accomplished by a combination of a device template, some bluetooth changes to the Bluetooth_Donglle code, and doing a template similar to the MCR Remote dongle. There aren't any dead keys that have to be parsed directly, so I don't think any Orbiter changes are needed....

-Thom