Author Topic: 2x pvr-500 but only one to watch OR recording  (Read 4677 times)

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
2x pvr-500 but only one to watch OR recording
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:36:37 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me with my 2x pvr-500 the problem is that i can watch tv OR recording a program so its using only one tuner, instead of that i have for tuners, all installed by the book.
I don't what to do anymore running out of options, and from my second md i can't watch tv maybe got to do with this problem also, please can someone help me.

Dave

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2x pvr-500 but only one to watch OR recording
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 05:02:36 pm »
Hi,

I'm suprised that nobody has this problem, there are more people with hauppage pvr-500 cards i hope. Please respond.

Dave

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:40:44 pm »
Go into mythweb. http://192.168.80.1/mythweb

Click on backend status and the look in the encoder status box. This will tell you the status of each tuner in the system. You should have 4 encoders listed there. If there is only one then the cards ar not installed properly.

Let me know what that gives you.

Regards

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 07:49:57 pm »
Hi,

Thanx for you're reply, i have 4 tuners listed in the backend status screen of mythweb.

Dave

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:18:01 pm »
How have you set them up? does it show 4 tuners when you setup mythtv? ie video0,1,2,3 ? I think you have to set the channels up on each tuner. What inputs are you using on the cards? ie s-video etc.

Side note, how are you finding the picture? I have the same card but have white lines going across the screen :(. It looks really bad
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:34:15 pm »
Hi,

Indeed i have setup in mythtv - setup ---> tuner at video0,video1,video2,video3, the picture is good and i am using the antenna inputs from each tuner so 4 in total.

Dave

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:00:11 am »
What is it saying as the status for the other 3 tuners in mythweb?

When watchlive tv on one MD/Hybrid Core it should show one tuner as being in use for live tv and the other as available.
You should get something like encoder 2-4 are local on dce router if there both in the core and tell you there not recording

Regards

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:38:36 am »
Hi,

There is only one tuner listed as in use, even when i start mythtv from a second frontend, or 3rd frontend, so only one tuner can be used instead of four tuners at the same time, that is my real problem.

Dave

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 05:24:39 pm »
So you only have one tuner showing in mythweb?
Or you have one showing as in use and the other showing as idle?

It looks like you have assigned all four cards in mythtv setup but not assigned them a source in "input conections"

They should all be assigned to the same Video Sources as the first one ifhey are all using the same source ie all from a single TV Aerial.

Regards