Author Topic: Z-Wave devices disappear at router reload  (Read 3610 times)

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Z-Wave devices disappear at router reload
« on: March 21, 2008, 08:29:54 pm »
Zwave was working fine in 0704. Since the upgrade to 0710b4, each time the router is reloaded, LMCE replaces existing z-wave appliances with new devices. This means a new device ID, and all the settings (name, room, icon, etc) gone.
Also, these don't appear in the floorplan wizard.

What could it be ?

thanks,
Sam

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Z-Wave devices disappear at router reload
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:56:06 pm »
Sam, what adapter are you using?  Verify you have implemented the fix in the wiki here:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/KnownIssues_0710_Beta4

-PeteK

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:14:19 am »
Hi PeteK,

thank you ! I was not aware of this page, very useful.

I have applied the patch and reloaded. Now indeed, the lights are not assigned a new number at each router reload. Much better than before.

I don't have the impression that it is completely fixed though, because I still get sometimes *some* of the lights who get a new device ID assigned. Weird ! Looking at which lights disappear the most often, it *could* be that they get temporarily out of radio range. But not all of them.

The controller I am using is a HomePro USB ZCU010, and I have ordered a seluxit controller to see if it works better.

Sam

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:07:52 pm »
Check the device number sequence for gaps. I have a problem that gaps in the sequence cause the higher number devices to get re-added to the system. its not very consistant and its very annoying. I have 17 lights and the first 16 are in sequence with a single PIR in the sequence. Then I have a gap with 5 controllers (experiments) and another light that gets lost often.

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 10:03:34 am »
Hi 1 audio,

you are right, I have a lot of gaps in my ZWave device ID list.
However, it is not always strictly the higher ones that get lost, though it happens most often with these.

Very annoying as it makes the whole ZWave system unreliable. Do you know if it is linked to the Generic_Info_Plugin and thus applies to all controllers, or if it is a bug in the ZCU010 ? I hope the seluxis controller will work better

Sam

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 01:02:48 pm »
1audio, I see you have filed a Mantis for this. Posting here for others to monitor and/or comment.
http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=3614