Author Topic: Default install sets wrong permission on tv_shows directory for mythtv  (Read 2611 times)

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
In the last three DVD installs i've attempted, the permissions set on the public videos directory prevent mythtv from writing tv shows to it!

When i complete the arrangement of the channels and exit the setting up of xmltv, Mythtv reports that it was unable to create public_tv_shows_nn.

would i like mythtv to correct it or "No, its OK, i know what i'm doing"

Well either option leaves me with directories that mythtv is unable to write to and yet the folder permissions look fine

Strangely, mythtv can write its "ring buffer" to the folder to save live tv, but is unable to write proper recorded programmes there

Any ideas appreciated

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
surely someone else is getting this!

I've had it on every install and a friend who is struggling through this is also experiencing it

gazlang

• Guru
    • View Profile
I had seen this problem on a previous install, but haven't had an issue with it on my current build. Anyway, i fixed it by -

sudo chown linuxmce <tv shows directory>

Hope this helps
AMD Athlon 5800+ X2
Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS6400 DDR2 512mb
Samsung 400GB SATA + 500GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300GT
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Hauppauge PVR-500
Thermaltake low-noise 450w PSU
Thermaltake Bach Case w/ imon vfd
Fiire Remote
UIRT

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I've changed the folder ownership in the file manager but not on the command line yet.

so, is one method more powerful than the other
(Still learning the Linux fundamentals here but getting much better at every turn)