Author Topic: Keyboard Ctrl shortcuts - HOWTO?  (Read 3088 times)

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
Keyboard Ctrl shortcuts - HOWTO?
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:51:48 pm »
Hi forum,

I have LMCE up and running.
Just beginning and finding my way at the mo.
I don't have a TV card in my system yet. (step by step)
No TV connected yet.

Just the PC and twin monitors. (only one used)

Question:
When I pop in a DVD, it starts playing. - Beautifull
But I don't seem to be able to control anything??
No stop / pause??
Volume??

Are there any keyboard shortcuts to control DVD playing?

Thanks for helping out!

Erwin

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
Re: Keyboard Ctrl shortcuts - HOWTO?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:57:33 am »
Have a look through the forum. The search button is your friend. There is another post regarding this same thing within the last week.

Use the f5. f6 and f7 buttons. One of those will bring up the dvd menu you can then control it with your mouse.

Regards

MrJohnBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 12:41:44 am »
LexJe
      I have found this as an issue as well with 7.10 b4 . Used to be in 7.04 that a double mouse click on the screen anywhere brought up the DVD-REMOTE. So far I have found using the F7 key overlays the DVD-Playing menu with the control menu to the right etc. The F6 Key brings up the FF RR overlay and then I can choose with the mouse to control the speed .

I am curious about this. Where did the mouse button functionality go? Why does the DVD-REMOTE screen flicker on for a microsecond and then go away when I choose it from the menu's. Is it a UI bug or is it intentional? Should I try the non alpha blended UI? Is there another library I can install to get the Mouse functionality back?

P.S. I did "search" the forums and did not find an answer to this question, if there is one could someone please provide a pointer to it.

THanks in advance.

MrJohn Bravo

MrJohnBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:56:03 am »
sorry to spam the thread but I just found a link in the wiki to setup the mouse to work as the F keys. Don't have time to hunt it and post the link here tnight but I will tomorrow if someone doesn't get to it first.

MrJohn Bravo

MrJohnBravo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »
A few days late but here is the link to the wiki article on how to map your mouse buttons to the Function keys.
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Use_Additional_Mouse_Buttons

I will be trying it out myself in the next couple of days when I have time.
Thanks to the author of this wiki page.

Mr Johnathan Bravo

--Ohh Mama!!--

P.S. Does anyone know why the "DVD-Remote" Screen doesn't stay on the screen for more than a microsecond. 7.10b4 NVidia 5200 128mb using Svideo