Author Topic: Attn: all AN-M2HD owners  (Read 3131 times)

Bodyhat

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Attn: all AN-M2HD owners
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:47:17 am »
I need help installing the video drivers (Nvidia® Geforce7050PV/NF630a), actually any and all drivers, bios updated included, for AN-M2HD on Linux MCE 0710 Beta4 in order to get the HDMI output to function properly.  I know if it were windows all I have to do is insert the disc and read the directions but under linux its a bit different. Any help concerning this wold be greatly appreciated.

bodyhat

itspac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: all AN-M2HD owners
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:20:29 am »
download the latest linux drivers fom the nvidia website and follow their instructions.  its pretty straight forward

elspic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:01:08 am »
As far as the BIOS upgrade, if there is one, a lot of the time it will only be an windows executable. I've found my only solution in the past is to just install windows, upgrade any firmware I could, then install linux and go from there. Check the manufacuters site or google for "AN-M2HD bios" and see if you find something that will work in linux. I most definitely would not try to install a bios upgrade from a virtual machine, just to mention it. -Ruben

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37:11 am »
My install went fine with this board and didn't need to upgrade any drivers. However this may help for the graphics drivers:
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3368.0
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

JimmyGosling

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:35:45 pm »
Mine is working fine as well.  Is this update for better performance or something along those lines.  for instance, I have not been able to get a video signal at over 780p. Would this enable it it use 1080p?

Bodyhat

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:50:36 am »
Hey thanks for the info guys. I'll try your link zug. I'm just trying to get any video to show on my tv. I'll deal with the higher resolution later.