Author Topic: Play different video and audio sources simultaneously....  (Read 4083 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Play different video and audio sources simultaneously....
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:17:23 am »
Just reaching out to see if there is any interest in this feature before I log it on mantis...

Quite often I want to be able to play different video source from audio source - eg play some "mindless" video graphics whilst listening to CDs/mp3s, or watch TV or more often a video file/DVD whilst listening to my own music as the background. Currently there is no way of doing this from LMCE. I need to switch the TV to a different video source, or vice versa, and that kind of goes against the idea of LMCE running all your media :)

Technically, it shouldn't be difficult (at the xine level, although I have no idea whether this would screw up the DCE messaging side of things), but obviously, getting a nice, flexible but easy to use UI to do this could be interesting! Certainly, I haven't really thought of anything specific that would fit the bill.

Before I log it, would like to know if anyone else is interested in this, too. More likely to get traction if many are interested!

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Play different video and audio sources simultaneously....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:18:22 pm »
I think this is something that can be useful. You should be able to multitask with a home automation system like LMCE.

mortar

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Play different video and audio sources simultaneously....
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:43 am »
It'd definitely come in handy for me