Author Topic: Choose screen resolution and switch display - HOWTO?  (Read 2147 times)

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
Choose screen resolution and switch display - HOWTO?
« on: March 15, 2008, 06:54:34 pm »
Hi forum,

Situation:
LMCE installed. VGA nVidia NX8600GT. Only mouse & keyb - no remote. twin 19" LCD screens.

When LMCE starts up, I have only black screens after the kubuntu splash screen.
When I do alt-F1 or alt-F2, I can login from cli. Next I can startx.

When X has started, I drops to a resolution of 640 x 480 (It says 640 480/60 in Launch Manager on the Video tab)

Off course this is difficult to navigate, everything is out of proportion.
On the installation guide page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Installation_Guide
I read as follows:

if you want to use this as a normal Kubuntu PC too, and you want to start Kubuntu after LinuxMCE is going, there's not yet an icon to switch to Kubuntu from within LinuxMCE, so press Ctrl+Alt+F2, login, and type StartX. If you said you want Kubuntu by default, it will boot to the Kubuntu desktop and you can choose Applications, Sound & Video, Start Media Center to start LinuxMCE manually. When both LinuxMCE and Kubuntu are running, you can toggle between them by pressing ctrl+alt+f7 for Kubuntu and ctrl+alt+F11 for LinuxMCE. Unfortunately, at this moment, once you start LinuxMCE there is no way to stop it. The Kubuntu integration is still a work in progress.

This does not seem to work for me. What can I do to adjust / test?
Also:
Where and in which conf file can i adjust that I want to use the system as a Kubuntu PC primarily instead of a dedicated LMCE?

Thanks for helping out!