Author Topic: "Cannot connect to router"  (Read 5388 times)

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
"Cannot connect to router"
« on: March 15, 2008, 09:15:00 am »
Hi,
I have a core working but whenever I try to pxe boot a MD i get an error saying "Cannot connect to router" and it then restarts 5 seconds later. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have tried two different PCs and get the same problem so I think its a problem with the core.
Thanks,
Mark
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: "Cannot connect to router"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:52:27 am »
What does your network setup look like? Is the core setup to be the DHCP server for your network. If there is another DHCP server on your network that can cause that message you are seeing.

lon22

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:39:18 am »
no I disabled the DHCP on my adsl router. I have even tried installing from the dvd on the MD and then connecting to core but it just seems to be stuck in a loop of " Your resolution has changed" and tries to recreate the UI over and over.
Z-Wave,  Peripherals, Licenced Media Directors and Cores now available with European-wide Delivery at www.hightechpad.com.

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:45 pm »
Can anybody help me please? I just want an MD but it is so so so difficult.
I have tried PXE booting but I get "cannot connect to router" and reboots over and over. I have tried installing from the linuxmce dvd but it complains that the screen resolution is wrong and is stuck in a loop. I have tried pxe booting a laptop but that seems to hang on the mouse module loading. Can anybody please please help it's driving me insane, how can it be so hard to install an MD :( Does anybody have a full step by step guide to creating an MD without PXE booting?

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:53:34 pm »
This is crazy I have not done anything unordinary but it just wont work. Can nobody help me? :(
I have installed the Windows XP orbiter which works but it cant play video. This is just too hard :(

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:07:50 pm »
This is crazy I have not done anything unordinary but it just wont work. Can nobody help me? :(
I have installed the Windows XP orbiter which works but it cant play video. This is just too hard :(

Ok... you are doing something wrong. There are plenty of people here that have installed LinuxMCE many times or have had a working, stable core for a long time... so odds are that the problem is in your setup.

Explain in detail how you have setup your system... tell us the network setup for example (you can get that from Web Admin) and we'll help you out ;-)

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:11:11 pm »
also, what kind of hardware are you trying to boot into an MD?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 08:56:49 pm »
I have a standard 1 nic core with an 192.168.80.0/24 and a 192.168.1.0/24(adsl router) interface. I am simply connecting a pxe booted MD to it but it tells me it cannot connect to router.
Also I have noticed I do not have a diskless folder. Is this still used? I have run the setup diskless MD script and it seemed successful but this folder does not seem to be where it should be?

zug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • High Tech Pad
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 09:44:28 pm »
anybody ? :(