Author Topic: Auto asterisk config not working?  (Read 3054 times)

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Auto asterisk config not working?
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:26:31 pm »
When I used the auto settings for sipgate in B4 I could not receive calls. Here are the steps I took to resolve the issue:

1. Switch to manual mode and enter FreePBX admin site
2. Change DID in incoming route from phone number to sipgate usename (7 digit number)
3. Change destination from "custom-linuxmce,102,1" to extensions, then select an extension

I also had to manually add an extension for my Budgetone 100 as it was only added to the DHCP conf, and not to asterisk.

Is anyone else having problems? Is it just sipgate? And what is wrong with the custom dial script?

Regards,
Chris

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Auto asterisk config not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 04:23:05 am »
I have noticed the same thing, found this in one of the asterisk logs:
Code: [Select]
[Mar  6 23:11:25] WARNING[19471] pbx.c: Channel 'SIP/0878700000-081dffa8' sent into invalid extension '102' in context 'custom-linuxmce', but no invalid handler
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 04:24:48 am »
Hi

Linuxmce unfortunatly does not seem to detect ip phones and set them up at present.

If you add a new phone in the phones section of the webadmin instead of the FreePbx admin you then only have to edit inbound DID setting as above, You dont then have to point the incoming did to the extension the standard linuxmce call handler wilol work and will flash on the orbiters the incoming call and allow it to be answered on any phone.

regards

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:15:15 pm »
I haven't added any phones using freepbx, and still I only get that error in the logs on incoming calls.  This used to just work in Beta3.  I'm also not using sipgate so I don't have to change the incoming DID, as the phone number is the username in my case.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:27 pm »
When I used the auto settings for sipgate in B4 I could not receive calls. Here are the steps I took to resolve the issue:

1. Switch to manual mode and enter FreePBX admin site
2. Change DID in incoming route from phone number to sipgate usename (7 digit number)
3. Change destination from "custom-linuxmce,102,1" to extensions, then select an extension

I also had to manually add an extension for my Budgetone 100 as it was only added to the DHCP conf, and not to asterisk.

Is anyone else having problems? Is it just sipgate? And what is wrong with the custom dial script?

Regards,
Chris

Yes we noticed this problem on Friday... but did not have a chance to debug it properly. Will do some more digging tomorrow. have you mantis'd this yet?

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:44:51 pm »
Have added as two separate bugs.

Chris