Author Topic: Changing screen resolution problem  (Read 2095 times)

mmnogueira

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Changing screen resolution problem
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:59:54 pm »
Hello All,

Equipment:

ASUS P5GPL
P4 2.4GHz
1GB RAM
250GB Samsung SATA
nVidia 8500gt 512MB
3Com NIC (dhcp client - no dhcp server)
LG L1740PQ monitor
LMCE 0710 Beta 4

I'm trying to perform a basic LMCE installation. Firstly I used the 0704 DVD, and only managed to set the basic UI (UI1) because the system didn't seem to properly recognize neither the video board nor the monitor. Every time I tried to change the screen resolution the system froze just before entering the AVWizard (the monitor entered in "power saving" mode), and I had to manually reboot the system. After rebooting LCME displayed only the basic UI. This process was repeated several times.

Then I decided to install using the 2 CDs. I successfuly installed Kubuntu 7.10, activated the proprietary nVidia driver (NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (latest cards)) and set the 1024x768 resolution. After using Kubuntu for a few days without any problem, I decided to install LCME over it (I chose the UI2 when prompted). The installation process ran smoothly but, after rebooting, I noticed that somehow it had selected a 1400x1050 resolution and froze at "Activating Orbiters". I selected "Change resolution" in the Video tab, the system rebooted and... BOOOMM! - the same problem as above. :(

Now I've reinstalled Kubuntu and am waiting anxiously for a light in the dark... ;D

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marcos Nogueira
S. Paulo - Brazil

mmnogueira

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Changing screen resolution problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:01:13 pm »
I forgot to mention that the instructions on the topic "Blank screen..." above didn't work either.

Marcos

mmnogueira

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Changing screen resolution problem
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:02:35 pm »
Sorry - the topic is "Black screen after installation is finished".

Marcos