Author Topic: [FIXED]Can't get pass login request after install of LinuxMCE 7.10 beta4  (Read 2927 times)

gunsmoke

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I installed the DVD version. My harware is VIA EPIA EN12000EG Mini-ITX.

Under the installation I didn't get any picture on the Wizard Guide (the girl who is talking...) and there was a big latency in the Wizard.

When it reboots after the installation it starts well and it gets to the GUI with my user name displayed. But after a while it returns to a "DOS" like GUI and ask for username and password:

Ubuntu 7.10 dcerouter tty1
dcerouter login:

I have tried my own name and LinuxMCE both on login and password, like the tutorial says.

The funny thing is that when i try to enter password the coursor dont move or display any of what i enter.... ???

Thanks for any view on this issue :-*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 07:12:06 pm by gunsmoke »
HTPC HARDWARE: Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H, Onboard video 9400, mATX, Socket LGA775. Intel Core2 Duo E8400. Samsung SpinPoint SATA2 HD 1000GB. Corsair 2x2GB DDR2. NEC DVD+/-RW ND4551A. Seasonic S12-330; +3.3v/20A. BIOS: v3.7

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get pass login request after install of LinuxMCE 7.10 beta4
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 06:04:02 pm »
gunsmoke,

Prior to installing beta4, did you previously have a version of LinuxMCE installed on your system.  If you did and you choose the option during the installation to keep your current configuration, then your login and password should be the same from the previous installation. Regardless, the behavior that your seeing is unusual.

When it reboots after the installation it starts well and it gets to the GUI with my user name displayed.
Are you referring to the Kubuntu login screen? When LinuxMCE is configured to start automatically, you shouldn't see this screen. Sounds like something went wrong with your installation.

You can try to log in to your system under maintenance mode by hitting the esc key during the boot process. You can attempt to use your password and username. If you get into the system, type startx. Hopefully kubuntu starts up. Go to the linuxmce control panel and click on the option to start automatically.

lon22
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 06:07:42 pm by lon22 »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:13:33 am »
Strange! I presume that the setup wizard also runs under X, in which case it sounds like X is crashing...

Read the log for clues/errors - /var/log/Xorg.0.log

gunsmoke

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:29:29 pm »
Thanks for your replays ;)

I finaly did the bios update correct, and now it installed just fine. Didnt get the best resolution on the display doe, but it works as a core... :)
HTPC HARDWARE: Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H, Onboard video 9400, mATX, Socket LGA775. Intel Core2 Duo E8400. Samsung SpinPoint SATA2 HD 1000GB. Corsair 2x2GB DDR2. NEC DVD+/-RW ND4551A. Seasonic S12-330; +3.3v/20A. BIOS: v3.7