Author Topic: Install error with Initial_Config_Core.sh  (Read 15382 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Install error with Initial_Config_Core.sh
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 02:02:43 pm »
ooops  sorry! one more time, my previous post has been typed as "guest"...

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 07:29:17 pm »
I'm having this exact problem, except modifying the script as suggested didnt solve it. I am connected to the internet, and i'm sure the connection is working properly.

just to make sure i did this right, i modified the Initial_Config_Core.sh, commenting out the Acquire lines. Then i removed the 30pluto file from apt.conf.d.

is this correct? is there anything else i can try. thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:28:05 pm »
alright, so i got around the install issue with aptitude update and aptitude dist-upgrade before trying to install pluto-dcerouter. everything seems to be installed and starting up now but when i get to the menu screen there is a blinking message: "Not responding on socket. Probably dead".

did something go wrong during the install? is there a script i can run to start the dcerouter?

thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 09:48:21 am »
if you installed Pluto with our scripts, it should be working. Just installing pluto-dcerouter doesn't configure the installation. There is something extra in the installation scripts to do that.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
im having this problem
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 10:43:39 am »
I have a similar problem when pluto tries to boot for the firs time i get INIT: cannot execute "/usr/pluto/bin/Report_DCERouter_Status.sh"

repeatedly

folowed by:

INIT id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minustes

this just repeats over and over.

Any Suggestions?

Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RE Installation problem
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 04:49:38 pm »
Hi jason
how described in a post above I'd the same problem.
I used kick start CD 2.0.0.32 without any change ( I tried before a lot a suggestions in the forum without results) . Really I don't know why but suddenly pluto started (I'm a newbie in Linux too). I think my  was a DHCP conflict, check yours system.
Hope this is useful for you
bye
gillen

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
RE Installation problem
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 04:49:57 pm »
Hi jason
how described in a post above I'd the same problem.
I used kick start CD 2.0.0.32 without any change ( I tried before a lot a suggestions in the forum without results) . Really I don't know why but suddenly pluto started (I'm a newbie in Linux too). I think my  was a DHCP conflict, check yours system.
Hope this is useful for you
bye
gillen

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
problem
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 04:46:32 pm »
I already have a dhcp server on my network so im only using one network card does anyone know how to install pluto with the dhcp server turned off?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
duh
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 08:03:40 pm »
ok i found the option not to turn on the dhcpd, and It seems to have installed, but now i just have a login am I supposed to connect over a web browser all I get is the apache2 test page.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 10:43:44 pm »
radu.c,

relating to my issue above (posted as Guest, sorry), I took the following install steps before seeing the error message:

1. Install from kickstart CD. this gave me the initial errors.
2. make the fixes to the script as recommended by chyc, did an update, and got pluto-dcerouter to install.
3. reboot. this got rid of the errors and got me to the main menu with the blinking socket error.

I guess my problem is that the install didnt have a chance to complete the first time, so something didnt get configured. is there a configuration script I could run, or do i have to modify the script and burn another kickstart cd?

thanks for the reply,
tim

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 10:40:07 am »
I don't know if it could help you but the steps I followed to avoid errors during installation are:
1 - install from the kick start cd (I think pluto scripts are copied on hard drive but they aren't launched at the end of the installation process, they are launched during the first reboot),
2 - during the first boot choose maintenance mode in grub menu to avoid launching pluto scripts,
3 - modify your Initial_Config_Core.sh (comment all "Acquire" lines except for cache configuration and modify the first one with your proxy address/port if needed,
4 - reboot and choose default mode in grub menu

If you modify the scripts after the first reboot perhaps something is wrong after this reboot. In my case, modifying the script before the first reboot troubleshoots errors during pluto installation.