Author Topic: Private Media  (Read 2424 times)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Private Media
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:35:58 pm »
I have a question regarding private media.

Is it possible to make your private media available to you, and only you?
i'm currently using beta 4 and no matter who logs in to the orbiter, they can pick private media from any user.

The reason I want media to e private is because I have children. in my Public folder, i have movies rated G - PG-13. Anything rated R or above is in my Private folder. The problem is, my kids can still select my private media from their ortbiters.

Is this behavior correct? Is there a way to make your media really private int he way I described?

I combed over the web admin and couldnt't find any options for it...

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Private Media
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:24:12 am »
You might want to query this thread:  http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=4249.0

I just searched Mantis but did not find this as a reported issue so you might want to open an issue on mantis.

HTH,
Roy

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Private Media
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46:39 pm »
Hi all

I can confirm that this is a bug since early Pluto days. I can also confirm that there is a dirty workaround that makes the trick.
For those file you want to make private for someone you have simply to modify the EK_Users_Private field in the corresponding record in File table of Pluto_media db, setting it to the user code you want to make media private for.

Say that you want to make some media private for you (and your user has been coded as "1" in user table) you will write 1 to EK_Users_Private field for all the record related to media you want to make private.
After this  you will see those private media listed on orbiter if and only if that orbiter is logged as you.

You can use phpmyadmin or if you are more familiar with sql statement you can write your own query.

HTH

Regards
Marco