Author Topic: S-Video on HP Laptop with 0710  (Read 2081 times)

jrsy85

• View Profile
S-Video on HP Laptop with 0710
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:26:02 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Linux and have switched to linuxmce when my NC8000 laptop stopped recognizing any windows OS at all. Anyway I have got everything set up at the moment including Wireless network. My only problem at the moment is:

How do i get S-video as my primary video as this is my htpc, i want to turn off the screen and use tv-out as primary.

It has a ATI mobility 9600 pro working with the stock drivers

Fn + F4 does not work to switch screens.

Thanks in advance :)

orionsune

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: S-Video on HP Laptop with 0710
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:50:48 pm »
I would be interested in hearing a solution also.  I have 3 different model laptops, 1 model I have 3 of, for 5 laptops total.  I tried lmce on all 5 tops, when I chose s-video as my output, and connected my s-video properly to the tv set, I got nothing.

But if I install windows, and tell windows to output to the s-video it works fine.

So yea, i'm in the same boat bro....
I just stopped caring because I was only planning on using my laptops as MD's, but i've found myself too busy troubleshooting other SHOW STOPPING problems like MythTV freezing.  Which I finally solved, so I was going to start working on getting my IP camera working, but since I don't have it's outdoor enclosure yet, I think addressing this issue will be next for me.  If I discover anything i'll be sure to update the thread letting you know.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem