Author Topic: Audio volume in VDR  (Read 2522 times)

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
Audio volume in VDR
« on: March 05, 2008, 12:50:14 am »
Hi all

I am having a slight issue with my system in that the audio level coming out of vdr is lower than that from xine when playing dvd and videos.
Any tips on how to change the volume from vdr to make them about the same?

Regards

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Audio volume in VDR
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:19:16 am »
Yes, but I don't know how to make it stick through reboots!

If you go into the VDR menu system (probably best to use the Remote Control function of vdradmin-am), into plugins(?) or setup->plugins? You'll find it! Go into xinelibplugin, then Audio. In there you will see a setting that defines volume control as Hardware or Software. Just change it, and you will hear the volume jump to what it should be. You can even change it back to the original setting at this point and the volume will stay loud.

Problem is, reboot resets this again.... hoping B4 fixes this, but I haven't tuned in my TV channels yet to test...

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:23:25 am »
Well to confirm im running B4 and unfortunatly this seems to still be causing a problem.

Regards

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:54:34 am »
Fibres - subsequent to that post I did tune my channels to see what changes to the interface there were. Didn't really look at the volume issue...

To be honest, I really can't see much change at all. There seem to be more virtual desktops in KDE for VDR (like 3) and one or two of the menu items now seem to do something. But the basic remote functions still seem to be completely missing... Without channels tuned, hitting up/down on my Fiire remote looked like it was doing something, but after tuning the channels they just seem to be ignored like before. Similarly, play/pause/record...

Andrew - I know you said that Convergent hadn't made as much progress as they had hoped, but am I missing functionality I should have? Or is this part that you guys haven't gotten to yet? Really keen at least to be able to use up/down/play/pause/record for the WAF!