Author Topic: x100p phone line interface - is it working in LMCE?  (Read 7680 times)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
x100p phone line interface - is it working in LMCE?
« on: March 02, 2008, 05:31:11 pm »
I'm looking for a cheap and reliable FXO/FXS interface to get Asterisk and all the telephony features of LMCE going. The x100p looks like it would fit the bill quite well, but the last post I've seen on the board here regarding this interface was in October of 2007. At that time, the poster said that it worked in Pluto but not LinuxMCE.

Does anyone know if this card is now supported?
If not, any suggestions?

d3vice

• View Profile
Re: x100p phone line interface - is it working in LMCE?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:21:51 pm »
Hi!

I don't know if you are trying to use an analog phone with asterix or connecting a POTS line to asterix but I have been trying to get some time to test an item from x100p with linuxmce. I own an AT530SIP phone from x100p.eu, although I haven't test it, it should work if I add a sip/soft phone device in LinuxMCE web admin.

I have also been thinking about getting an sip gateway/adapter to connect an old analog phone with asterix, the AG110 also from x100p.eu . It should work the same way as the AT530 phone.

Do you own any of this devices? Do they work for you?

Best regards!

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 08:33:07 pm »
I'm just wanting to connect my POTS line to asterisk at this point. I don't own any hardware to do this, which is why I'm asking here. Personally, I don't want to spend hundreds to do this, and noticed that the x100p is reasonably priced (around $50 shipped). Rumor has it thath it worked fine in Pluto, but because of dependancy problems from the switchover to Kubuntu, it didn't work as of October 2007.

Just trying to find out if this is sorted yet

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:30:58 pm »
Why not use VoIP rather than POTS? Especially if you broadband modem happens to have any VoIP telephony ports for analogue phones. No cost/hardeware required at all. Worst case, just an adaptor...

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 10:31:47 pm »
I had VOIP once (Broadvoice) and I was extremely displeased with it. Even over broadband, the latency was horrible, i had dropouts a lot of the time, the service was down too often etc etc etc.
So Now I just want to interface my core to my phone line for simple voicemail functions, call routing (i.e. forward my calls to my cell when I'm not home) etc..

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 10:35:52 pm »
I use my broadvoice trunk almost every day, it works fantastic.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 10:52:02 pm »
I think it is unlikely that latency was your issue, unless you were using a very remote VoIP provider (like in another country, what country are you in, your profile isn't filled out on that point, assuming US given the spelling)

It is much more likely that your QoS settings were not correct, or that your ISP wasn't supporting those settings at the time. Getting these correct is crucial for VoIP to work. Also, picking a reputable VSP is important - one that has its own infrastructure, backbone and many POPs for "hop-off". There are plenty of VSP comparison web sites out there, so you can review them and pick the best one for you.

With the right VSP and supported QoS, it should be very easy to get reliable VoIP service even on a modest broadband connection. There are plenty of advantages, and potentially no outlay depending on your broadband modem's capabilities.

Have you looked at this? What did you set for QoS? And did you confirm with your ISP that they would honour those settings? In a developed/deregulated environment with plenty of infrastructure like the US/OECD countries, this shouldn't be an issue at all.

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 11:01:43 pm »
Jon,

You may be better served by a combination FXO/FXS box like a Sipura 3102 (I think) which apparently has much better quality for hooking up the POTS line to Asterisk. (Plus you get a FXS port so you can use your existing handset(s))
I think the X100P will take some effort to get reasonable quality results from - but this is just from what I have read, not from experience.

Regards
Darren

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 01:34:27 am »
Well im in the UK and have been using voip as my main phone line for over a year.
I have a cable connection to internet that does need a telephone line so I have a voip line for my home phone.

I have recently moved this into linuxmce.

I have a trunk to my voip provider (sipgate) which provides my connection to the telephone network.
I added this voip provider in liuxmce and added a generic sip phone within the webadmin and configured my voipadapter for that account.

It all works great.

Regards

pixelator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 04:32:46 am »
I'm looking for a cheap and reliable FXO/FXS interface to get Asterisk and all the telephony features of LMCE going. The x100p looks like it would fit the bill quite well, but the last post I've seen on the board here regarding this interface was in October of 2007. At that time, the poster said that it worked in Pluto but not LinuxMCE.

Does anyone know if this card is now supported?
If not, any suggestions?

I may be a bit late to reply, but I may have been the one that mentioned the X100P FXO not working in an earlier release of LMCE.

I just upgraded to Ver. 710 and tried to set up the X100P again. So far, it appears to be working, but took a little effort. What I did was:

after installing the card, I ran asterisk -vvvr to get to the CLI
In the CLI I ran zap show status

This showed the X100p card, but reported it as unconfigured.
running ztcfg -vvv also failed and stated that zaptel was not installed

I ran:
apt-get install zaptel
modprobe zaptel

After that, I had errors that the /etc/zaptel.conf file did not exist. (it is supposed to be created when installing zaptel)

I created a new /etc/zaptel.conf file with the following lines (Note: This is for a single x100p card in the US - yours may be a little different depending on your location)

fxsks=1
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Restarted asterisk and zaptel

ran ztcfg -vvvv again and it showed 1 channel configured.

ran "zap show status" from the asterisk CLI again and now it shows the x100p as active

dcerouter*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol     CRC4
Wildcard X100P Board 1                   OK         0          0          0

That is as far as I got so far.
I still need to set up the channels and other settings either in FreePBX and/or the zapata.conf file.

So far, it is promising.
Hope that helps a little

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 05:34:42 pm »
Please add a page to the wiki (or expand it if it already exists).
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

pixelator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 12:46:52 am »

I certainly will as soon as I can get it all working 100% from a telcom/asterisk point.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: x100p phone line interface - is it working in LinuxMCE?
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 12:46:12 am »

I certainly will as soon as I can get it all working 100% from a telcom/asterisk point.

Pixelator, any updates on this? If so, please add a wiki site...