Author Topic: Applian Replay AV functionality  (Read 4498 times)

Kalozo

• First post!
    • View Profile
Applian Replay AV functionality
« on: March 02, 2008, 02:05:09 pm »
Hi,

I use Applian Replay AV on Windows (http://www.applian.com/replay-av/index.php) to record online radio shows, convert them into podcasts and then play them on my ipod. It would be brilliant if this kind of functionality could be added. This is the only thing that stops me from having a fully linux based media centre.

Thanks,
Chris

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Applian Replay AV functionality
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »
I have added a mantis feature request, extending my previous one on Internet Radio/TV streaming playback, to add vod/podcast subscriptions/downloads. And also extend another mantis request I made for mp3 player synchronisation, to include specific vod/podcast support in addition to mp3s, etc. This would cover everything you are looking for. Hopefully the devs will pick this up and feel that it would be a valuable addition, after 0710 is released. (all new features are on freeze until 0710 is out)

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 11:29:06 am »
I have added a mantis feature request, extending my previous one on Internet Radio/TV streaming playback, to add vod/podcast subscriptions/downloads. And also extend another mantis request I made for mp3 player synchronisation, to include specific vod/podcast support in addition to mp3s, etc. This would cover everything you are looking for. Hopefully the devs will pick this up and feel that it would be a valuable addition, after 0710 is released. (all new features are on freeze until 0710 is out)

All excellent suggestions I think... now the trick with getting these things implemented is to get as many people here to get behind them as possible - people power ;-)
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:06:27 pm »
And well, you know...more coders wouldn't hurt either. ;-)

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 11:22:55 pm »
And well, you know...more coders wouldn't hurt either. ;-)

-Thom

agreed - don't know Linux, don't know C++, don't know Ruby, very light on bash scripting, have never coded anything substantial, last I coded anything outside scripting was 15 years ago on my old home computer in a "non-real" language, only thing recently was a few small VBScripts (and that is my only exposure to OOP!) But I really hope to get to the point where I can do something - problem is its such a steep learning curve before anything useful comes out the other end :) Don't even know where to start, really! I have downloaded the source, and started compiling but killed it half way through cos something spooked me in the messages! Just wish I could leap frog the dev env setup bit so that I could just start tinkering with the code a bit, as I could probably infer most of what I need to make some basic changes... oh well, one day :)  That's a point - am I right in assuming that I don't actually have to have a full dev env to play with it, but just get the sources and compile individual files then replace the binaries? hmm... that's right, I remember now, the problem then is dependancies, and alsorts of other stuff I don't understand. Damn!

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 06:59:52 am »
Colin,

The dependencies for building new devices (in C++) and modifying existing ones is not huge. It is something like DCE, DCEGen, PlutoUtils, Gen_Devices and something to do with Serialization from memory.

Previously, you could just download the source, run make in those sub-directories and you would usually be ok for just playing around with devices.

The current versions of the source seem to have done away with that mechanism and encourage the running of configure and make at the root level - which builds everything. This obviously makes doing a complete build better but I think the use case for just creating and modifying devices still needs to be catered for (without waiting for a complete build first).

Might be a comment/question for DanielK as I believe he has made most of these changes.

Regards
Darren