Author Topic: TV Card in Core or MD  (Read 3694 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
TV Card in Core or MD
« on: November 12, 2005, 12:06:04 am »
Hi

Just wondering is it best to install the TV Card(s) in the core, or one in each MD? If they are in the MD will they use the local HDD or will it save TV to the Core anyway so other MD's can access the content?

Thanks

J.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
TV Card in Core or MD
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:33:19 am »
you can install the pvr card on core or on md's.
the md's are actually just a network boot over the core, using a filesystem which is shared on the core, you'll not use the md's hdd, so if you save something from the md will be shared with all the md's in the install

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
TV Card in Core or MD
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 04:09:08 pm »
i didn't know you could install the pvr card on the core, if so how can you send the order to start recording from an MD, also, does timeshifting work in this scenario?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
TV Card in Core or MD
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 09:44:39 pm »
Quote from: "lrascao"
i didn't know you could install the pvr card on the core, if so how can you send the order to start recording from an MD, also, does timeshifting work in this scenario?

It's a feature of MythTV.  The MD is setup as a slave backend, the Core is the master backend.  Either can house the pvr card.  The features are the same whether the pvr card is in the MD or in the Core.  The benefit is your MD doesn't have to be one for recordings.