Author Topic: few questions, can somebody help my?  (Read 2646 times)

Golab

• View Profile
few questions, can somebody help my?
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:11:38 am »
hello I'm new hear, my question in if i do apt-get install TorrentFlux is the installation going to fuck up something in linuxmce?,and my second question what is TorrentFlux web Server Adresse going to be?   is it going to be http://127.0.0.1/TorrentFlux   ??? ?. and i haw 1 moor question,I'm using now Ati grafikcard but I'm planing ti get new card probable new nVIDIA ( PCIe  ) do eney bode haw good card to recommend it Ned's to haw hd Support.  and my new card Ned's to haw support fore blender or what the name is so i can us it 1000% on Linuxmce

// Sorry About My Spelling I´m Dyslectic \\
           Linux user sins 1996 moor or less

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 03:13:44 am by Golab »
// Sorry About My Spelling I´m Dyslectic \\

qvindesland

• View Profile
Re: few questions, can somebody help my?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:42:14 am »
Hola,

Sorry I can only help you out on one here the torrentflux one since i have installed mine to, well its not going to f.... up your install :) I downloaded the latest version from torrentflux.com and extracter it to /var/www and I followed the installation instructions that comes with torrentflux, works like a charm and yes you could call up torrentflux on http//127.0.0.1/torrentflux

Regards
Per

diesel12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:51:31 am »
On the graphics card, I think you need a 7xxx or 8xxx series Nvidia card to use the alpha blending and such.

For the torrent thingy, I think I read someone else saying that the issue for them was that there wasn't a password for the root mysql user and for some reason torrentflux couldn't work that way. If that's the case, I'd create a new mysql user (call is torrentflux maybe,) set a password and try that.

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:44:30 am »
Alpha blending is nice eyecandy that does not work like intended...
There is lots of tearing :(

I have several nvidia card in the 6, 7, 8 range and they all work the same. I reccomend using UI2 overlay for now, and wait for UI3.
On a monitor the tearing is not that visible as it is on a big LCD/Plasma.