Author Topic: Maintaining directory structure of an internal media NTFS drive  (Read 3401 times)

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Maintaining directory structure of an internal media NTFS drive
« on: February 24, 2008, 07:25:20 am »
I have a 320gb SATA internal drive for all my media, which uses a NTFS file system.
LMCE finds it, and all my media is present and accesible.
The strange thing is that it seems like LMCE completely disregards my directory structure.
I have the movies, for instance, in folders named Action, Drama. Animation etc. but LMCE does'nt have this structure. It just throws everything I have on the screen.
How can I maintain this directory structure withing LMCE ?

Thnx
Itsik

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Maintaining directory structure of an internal media NTFS drive
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:32:44 am »
This is how LMCE is supposed to work. When you go to Videos, for instance, LMCE will show you all of your videos (directory structure is pretty much ignored).
However, you media can have attributes set for them - performers, genre (action, comedy, etc), you name it. This is the approach to take with LMCE. Orbiter have functions to sort by performer, genre, etc - so in the end the functionallity that you are wanting is there, you are just going to have to set up attributes for your media using the web admin.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 09:14:44 am »
I have a 320gb SATA internal drive for all my media, which uses a NTFS file system.
LMCE finds it, and all my media is present and accesible.
The strange thing is that it seems like LMCE completely disregards my directory structure.
I have the movies, for instance, in folders named Action, Drama. Animation etc. but LMCE does'nt have this structure. It just throws everything I have on the screen.
How can I maintain this directory structure withing LMCE ?

Thnx
Itsik
You can go into Options (on Orbiter) and set Filename instead of Performer. And then you'll be able to browse your collection with directories...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:18:39 am »
@ITsik

I also sort mine like you as the kids and girld friend find it easier to navigate to their movies etc

Go to your media screen and select Sort->Filename it will then use the folder structure you have implemented (you will have to repeat this process everytime you reboot LMCE as it does not remember your sort preferences)

NOS

Whoops posted as bulek was replying lol
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:20:50 am by nosilla99 »

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 03:57:50 pm »
Thnx for answering guys, I'll give it a try ...

Itsik

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 11:53:31 am »
Whel, I've tried to do what you guys suggested but the only thing I see listed are the two TV folders (don't remember the exact name ...)
All the media is there and accesible, but not when sorting by file name ...
Any ideas any one ?

Thnx
Itsik