Author Topic: Error when trying to watch livetv  (Read 14718 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Error when trying to watch livetv
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:14:26 pm »
Hi all,

I have just setup a Leadtek PVR2000 card for use with Pluto.  Setting up mythtv goes as would be expected and channels are scanned.  However when I select Watch TV, the screen goes black and then returns to the mythtv after about 30 seconds.

I have checked the logfiles and mythbackend.log gives the following error details:

Code: [Select]
TVRec(1): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Error getting codec params
IVTV_IOC_G_CODEC:: Invalid argument
TVRec(1): Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None

The Card is based upon the blackbird chipset and everything else looks normal.  Remote control is working via the card.  When setting the card up, it correctly identifies that it supports TV, Composite and S-Video inputs etc.

I have set the card type as MPEG-2 enoder card (PVR-x50, PVR500) and the video device is set to /dev/video1

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is, or can give me any pointers ?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 06:52:25 pm »
I have carried out some further testing and can capture video by issuing the following command

cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg

The resulting mpeg file can then be played back using xine, so the capture card is obviously working.

However I have still not managed to get any further in terms of getting the card to work with mythtv so any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 10:47:37 am »
Quote from: "NOSILLA99"
I have carried out some further testing and can capture video by issuing the following command

cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg

The resulting mpeg file can then be played back using xine, so the capture card is obviously working.

However I have still not managed to get any further in terms of getting the card to work with mythtv so any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOS

I guess we're not so experienced mythtv users - maybe you'll get answers faster on mythtv mailing lists....  Mythtv under Pluto is almost exactly stock 0.19 version....

Is your card woking under mythtv 0.19 ? I'd start from there....

Regards,

Rob.