Author Topic: Off Topic: How to easily create (flash) web based GUI for home automation?  (Read 2475 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Hi,

sorry for being offtopic, but I know that there are many guys that will know about this and have no idea where to ask this elsewhere...

I'd like to add some simple web based (perhaps in Flash ?) GUI for basic operations with home automation system and media players.

Maybe something similar to this : http://misterhouse.wikispaces.com/Timo

It should be skinnable as possible (like example above that reads xml file for definition of devices, backgrounds, etc...) and also support live update of shown data over tcp (above example uses XMLSocket)...

I don't know anything about Flash, but have heard of it and also for OpenLaszlo, but I do wonder how would one start working on such project ? What tehcnology, what tools ? Any similar projects out there ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Off Topic: How to easily create (flash) web based GUI for home automation?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:23 pm »
im not a flash expert by any means.

However, i do have some experience with using it and php. I think its entirely possible to build these tools, but we would really need people who are a lot more experienced in actionscript that I am.

Currently im trying to build a flash media browser, mainly from my frustrations with the existing one. However its slow going with maybe %10 done.

So I think yes flash is possible to do what your talking about, but  we would really have to dig into actionscript deeper.

my 2 cents.

-golgo who overslept for work
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.