Author Topic: More problems with software RAID  (Read 7200 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: More problems with software RAID
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 12:41:00 am »
Can you PM me a concise description of the issue, with any details/logs/errors and I will log it for you...

I think the login issue is simply that emails are not being sent properly at the moment so you haven't received your confirmation email. Apparently this is going to be fixed up this week.

Col

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 03:46:17 pm »
A bit of an update since I still can't access mantis...

This morning I tried to be  a bit tricky, and instead of accepting the default storage volume of my RAID array, I manually changed that to point at the system drive on the CORE when ripping a DVD.  After that, when prompted to select a directory, I browsed through to the directory that is actually a symlink to my raid array.  That is, I selected to rip to /home/public/data/videos/Main Storage Array [122] which is actually a symlink to /mnt/device/122/public/data/videos which is on my RAID array.

Doing this resulted in a failed rip, with a message about the disk being full.  Now, the system drive has 84GB or so free, and the raid array is only 2% in use.  So, I'm guessing the system is having trouble determining free space when looking at a symlink?

So, to recap, if I select to directly store things on my RAID array I get double entries for that media, one pointing at /mnt/device/122/public/data/videos and the other pointing at /home/public/data/videos/Main Storage Array [122]

Again, my guess is that UpdateMedia is traversing both trees.

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 04:34:25 pm »
One more update:

The entry that points at /mnt/device/122/public/data/videos (the path I originally specificied when ripping) has proper attributes and cover art associated with it, whereas the entry tha tpoints at /home/public/data/videos/Main Storage Array [122] does not.

Edit: I spoke too soon.  No sooner did I post that than updatemedia seems to have gotten around to filling out the details of the entry that points to /home/public/data/videos/Main Storage Array [122]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:38:51 pm by Venom986 »

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 04:58:03 pm »
I just saw in mantis that this has now been fixed!

Just gotta wait for the new version

Venom986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 05:10:26 pm »
Wow!  That was fast.  I hope the sendmail issues with the server are fixed quick too, i want my mantis account ;)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 10:05:18 pm »
I think the sendmail issues are resolved as I am now receiving updates - so try registering again. Here are the resolution comments from Ender -

"----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ender - 02-19-08 05:17
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We've fixed this few days ago. :) Instead of writing the information in the database with the real path, Disk Drive will also use the home symlink from now on . This way updatemedia will use the same record from database. Here is the wiki for home symlinks :
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Home_Symlink

The svn revision with the fix is : http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=19714 "