Author Topic: OK lets make a list of Australian PLCBUS stuff we want?  (Read 24108 times)

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: OK lets make a list of Australian PLCBUS stuff we want?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 04:49:07 am »
My Kit Just arrived,

I will hopefully install it on the w/e.  Just need to figure out how to set it up in linuxmce :P

Joe

rthorntn

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 07:16:50 am »
I would like to get the PLCBUS USB adapter and some plugin modules for AU, does anyone want to combine an order?

Is anyone aware of a supplier that can provide the AU plugin stuff?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:20:35 am by rthorntn »

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 11:24:32 pm »
Richard,

The supplier that sent me mine (x10-hk) sent me an email a couple of days ago saying that he had AU plugin modules in stock now.
I still havn't had a chance to plug mine in yet (mainly because I was working on Phidgets interface :) ), but if all works well then I will probably get some more bits so could combine some postage.

That said, the postage rates were not too bad and like mentioned previously was very quick (I ordered Friday evening and had the stuff on Monday afternoon)

Regards
Darren

ps; slampt - any news on your installation, got it working?

slampt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 12:13:42 am »
I have my installation working,

I would like to thank ddamron and hari for all their help.
I am currently getting my head around ruby because I want write in a poller so that if you flick the switch manually linuxmce will know about it.  The only way around this would be to do what hari does and use scene controllers which will cost a little bit more.

That said I will let every one know how I go. I hope insteon releases some AU kit *grin*

Slampt

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2008, 12:17:42 am »
I decided to have a crack at it last night...

End result (after a few hours) was I got it working and it is quite impressive. Needed a few subtle code tweaks and a bit of database searching to work out what parameters needed to be added and what to be set to.

I currently only have a dual crystal switch hooked up to two dummy lights but even the wife thought it was impressive when I turned them on and dimmed them via the Nokia 770 orbiter :)

The first time I have used a GSD device (and ruby for that matter) as other devices I have developed myself have been C++, but it seems pretty straightforward and works well for this device.

Dan, I would like to publically thank you for your work here. I think that PLC-BUS is currently the most cost effective lighting solution in Australia and you have helped make this happen in linuxMCE.

So the plan now is to update the wiki with a similar install guide to the Insteon one. It would be good if Slampt, Dan and Hari could look over this and add/correct any omissions, hope to get this done over the weekend.

Slampt, part of the PLC-BUS command set allows switching status feedback on - this may help do what you want.
Do you want an event published when the manual switch is used or just the state changed so that it be queried by a command?

Regards
Darren