Author Topic: NVIDIA 8600GT  (Read 12637 times)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: NVIDIA 8600GT
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 11:55:13 pm »
And what he did is not mentioned in that doc.  Just saying "edit a file" doesn't to much good if you don't know what to edit.

I don't understand why you have to be such a dick to everyone out here.
If you'd actually bothered to read that doc, you'll find that there are a lot of suggestions on what to edit.  And if it doesn't address your specific problem then you should have added it, that's how the doc works.

And I don't understand why you have to winge about it while you obviously can't be bothered to contribute something yourself.

Another brilliant post... ::)

Another dumbass with his mouth full of teeth... ::)
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 11:58:52 pm »
* hari gets coke and popcorn

;D

rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 12:35:04 am »
And what he did is not mentioned in that doc.  Just saying "edit a file" doesn't to much good if you don't know what to edit.

If you'd actually bothered to read that doc, you'll find that there are a lot of suggestions on what to edit.  And if it doesn't address your specific problem then you should have added it, that's how the doc works.

And I don't understand why you have to winge about it while you obviously can't be bothered to contribute something yourself.

Tough guy syndrome on the internet is just compensation for real life.  Think hard this time for your next reply,  if you post enough of them your bound to write something that makes sense.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 05:08:37 pm »

Tough guy syndrome on the internet is just compensation for real life.  Think hard this time for your next reply,  if you post enough of them your bound to write something that makes sense.

And dumbass syndrome on the internet is when people start writing allsorts of nonsense that has nothing to do with anything, when they run out of arguments, instead of simply shutting up.  Try commenting on the size of my penis next, maybe that'll work...

-- Anonymous

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 06:22:15 pm »
Talking nonsense? no argument, geez.

First off there is no argument, and the only nonsense has come from you.  You have been proven wrong about the info in the doc you were so disgusted about pointing out.  Then tell me I need to "contribute" yet I was the one who pointed the original poster to the solution to his problem.  Then revert to namecalling, now you want argue about ..... well, nothing.

I've read many of your posts, some are helpful to others but most are just you being negative, making other feel as if they are putting you out because you had to tell them to read a doc (that doesn't have the info they are looking for).  You make claims that others didn't read something, yet you are the one who never read it.

If it's such a chore to read anything or help someone why are wasting your time.  None of your posts in this thread have any useful content, most no content at all.  You are even laughed at in the same thread but don't seem to realize how foolish and hypocritical you sound.  There would be more people around here to help out if there were less people like you turning them away.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 07:11:11 pm »
Talking nonsense? no argument, geez.

First off there is no argument, and the only nonsense has come from you.  You have been proven wrong about the info in the doc you were so disgusted about pointing out.  Then tell me I need to "contribute" yet I was the one who pointed the original poster to the solution to his problem.  Then revert to namecalling, now you want argue about ..... well, nothing.

I've read many of your posts, some are helpful to others but most are just you being negative, making other feel as if they are putting you out because you had to tell them to read a doc (that doesn't have the info they are looking for).  You make claims that others didn't read something, yet you are the one who never read it.

If it's such a chore to read anything or help someone why are wasting your time.  None of your posts in this thread have any useful content, most no content at all.  You are even laughed at in the same thread but don't seem to realize how foolish and hypocritical you sound.  There would be more people around here to help out if there were less people like you turning them away.

Yes buddy, nonsense like "Another brilliant post..." is not an argument and it certainly doesn't prove me wrong.  Funny how you complain about namecalling while you're the idiot who started with the personal attacks (talk about hypocricy) because I had the audacity to point out that there is some documentation in the wiki.  Which aparently doesn't have the baby steps you needed because you can't be arsed to add something yourself.  And now you're just making a lot of noise and false claims to cover your own stupidity up.

Not sure what reading my posts has got to do with anything but by all means keep grasping at straws, it is entertaining.

-- Anonymous

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 07:25:59 pm »
guys, maybe we wan't to discuss the original topic further?

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 10:36:53 pm »
hari,  the topic is already solved.  I posted a link to a thread with the solution near the beginning of this thread.  At least now someone who comes across this will find an answer.  Unlike Zaerc's "edit a fie" solution.

Zaerc, 
Nothing you say has content or specifics, it's always generalities.  That's the only way you can even attempt to have any kind of response.  Find me one false claim that I made instead just saying it.  I've already pointed out yours.

You talk almighty again about editing the xorg.conf, like "holding hands".  First off, you had no idea how to fix it, or you would have gave suggestions on what things to edit instead of pointing to a doc that would not help the issue at hand.  Second, it's not an easy fix. You would know this if you read the post and seen what he went through. There have been many people having problems with the 8000 cards, 1 has gotten it to work that has posted anything on it.  That solution just came about in the last few days.  And finally, not everyone is a linux expert,  not everyone will know what you know, or at least claim to know.  That's why they are here asking for help.

I know it makes you feel like a man by talking down to people and trying to leave an impression out here that you are smarter than everyone. Unless you can backup what you say with specifics, give some details on solutions there is just no reason for you to post anything.  Trust me, it won't kill you to be nice to someone.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 10:48:35 pm »
hari,  the topic is already solved.  I posted a link to a thread with the solution near the beginning of this thread.  At least now someone who comes across this will find an answer.  Unlike Zaerc's "edit a fie" solution.

[...]
so if the issue is resolved why do you spam this thread with personal off-topic's?

hari

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 11:12:35 pm »

[...]
so if the issue is resolved why do you spam this thread with personal off-topic's?

hari

youve got to be fucking kidding me. was he really the only one doing it? go spank zaerc and put him in a corner too.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:48 pm »

[...]

hari

Because there is no use for him to post if he can't help someone. Not to mention I'm going to defend myself against ridiculous claims. It's also good for others to know that there are some very helpful people out here and they should not be discouraged because they come across these kinds of people.
By the way, didn't you just spam the thread also?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 11:28:48 pm by jgaffney »

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 01:41:36 am »
Because there is no use for him to post if he can't help someone. Not to mention I'm going to defend myself against ridiculous claims. It's also good for others to know that there are some very helpful people out here and they should not be discouraged because they come across these kinds of people.
thats your personal opinion and has nothing to do with the topic.

By the way, didn't you just spam the thread also?

no.

Hari