Sorry for the long post and the dumb questions.
I'd like to use LMCE in the following scenario (to begin with):
1. A home theatre with all common stuff: LCD TV, receiver, cable and satellite TV, DVD PVR etc.,
2. Two bedrooms with LCD TV,
3. A kitchen with CRT TV,
4. Backyard with swimming pool and terrace where I'd like to listen to music.
Initially my interest is only media. Telecom, lighting, security and other features will be added later.
My questions are:
1. I was thinking in installing the sever ("core") in the HT, thin clients for the other LCD TVs, and speakers in the terrace, connected to the 2nd output of the HT receiver. The problem is that the server is too noisy but, if I install it elsewhere, how do I control the devices that are in the HT (receiver, PVR etc.) using a Fiire Chief?
2. Is it possible to - say - play an HD show with 5:1 sound in th HT and play a music CD in the terrace simultaneously?
3. Is it possible to watch a TV channel in one room and other channel in another room simultaneously?
4. What happens when two - or more - remotes try to control the same device simultaneously?
5. Is it possible to supress the wizard when I connect a new device?
6. Is it possible to restrict some menu accesses to selected users?
7. I didn't understand the purpose of the serial connectors that are shown in the demo video.
Naturally, the first question is the most important for me at this moment. Please note that I'm in Brazil and some features will be difficult to achieve.
Thanks in advance,
S. Paulo - Brazil