Author Topic: Technical question about what controls auto power on/off of TV  (Read 2394 times)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Technical question about what controls auto power on/off of TV
« on: February 10, 2008, 08:45:17 pm »
I'm trying to get my USBUIRT set up the way I want it. I know what I need to do, but I don't know where to do it.

Right now, this is how it works....
My TV is off. On my webpad orbiter, I select video then select one of my ripped DVD's from my Raid5 array. My TV then powers itsself on (thanks to the USBUIRT), and my media plays.
Then, if I stop the media, and wait about 5 minutes, the TV will shut its self off (again, USBUIRT)

What I am wondering, is what is telling the TV to turn off and on? Where can I find it in  the web admin to modify it? I've looked through scenarios and events, but could  not find anything.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Technical question about what controls auto power on/off of TV
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:17:48 am »
I believe this is related to the screen saver timeout which can be found on...(looks it it)

1. log into the webadmin
2. on the left hand side, there is a column.
3. Under 'Devices' the 5th option down is orbiters
4. Find the orbiter that is on the tv. In my case I have a core hybrid in the living room.
5. If you look down the list of options, you will see the box 'Seconds before power off'
6. I changed my to 0 as I watch a lot of Adult Swim online and didnt like the tv going off in the middle of the boondocks. Change it to suit your needs.
7. Reload and you should be good to go.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Technical question about what controls auto power on/off of TV
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:00:52 am »
Aah - yep worked great, thanks.. I didn't think to check to orbiter settings