Author Topic: Problems setting up a NuFone.net VOIP  (Read 2109 times)

geoffrey

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Problems setting up a NuFone.net VOIP
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:29:51 pm »
I am running into problems setting up my VOIP and I am not sure where to start troubleshooting.

I have established an account with Nufone.net and got all their settings for SIP.  (I know that the account is working as I was able to make and receive calls on a softphone on my Mac, which is on my external network)

Once I tried to configure the SIP setup manually and once I used the built in wizard (in 0710/3) which uses IAX. 

No joy on either.

I am using a DDNS through an account with Dyndns and have tried several different combinations of activating DDNS on my router, in the LinuxMCE network settings and inserting the suggested code from the wiki in both the /etc/asterisk/sip.conf and the /etc/asterisk/sip_nat.conf files.

In FreePBX I get the following errors everytime I try to apply the new configuration

Code: [Select]
Could not reload the FOP operator panel server using the bounce_op.sh script. Configuration changes may not be reflected in the panel display.

retrieve_conf failed to sym link the /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf file from modules

Retrieve conf failed to copy file(s) from a module's agi-bin dir: chmod(): Operation not permitted
chmod(): Operation not permitted

Initially I got a failed to copy due to permission issues on four or five files in the /usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin directory.  I chmodded these to 777 and then got the warning about operation not permitted.

I also noticed that the sip.conf file seems like it has not been changed at all after applying the configuration in FreePBX...

thanks for reading this lengthy post!

Asus M2NSLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz
Asus EN6200TC512 Graphic Card
WinTV PVR-150 MCE
(2) Samsung T166 SATA II 500GB
Corsair TwinX 2GB CL5 DDR2-800