Author Topic: Compatibility Questions  (Read 2510 times)

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Compatibility Questions
« on: February 10, 2008, 03:52:29 am »
Hi again guys,

I have a question about some compatibility with LinuxMCE. I recently replaced my old Yamaha (non-RS232 port) AV/Receiver with a MUCH nicer (and more powerful) Marantz SR5002 which features a nice RS-232 port.

I also have an off-brand 42" Plasma TV, Element is the maker, and it's model PLX-4202B. This TV also features an RS-232 Port.

I just purchased a new Media Director specifically for this room. The following are the specs:

SolidLogic T-3310 Mini-ITX System
Mainboard: MSI MS-7199 1GHz
Case: Morex T-3310 Mini-ITX Case - Black
Daughterboards: None
Memory: DDR2 667 RAM 1GB
Hard Disk/Flash: 2.5" Toshiba 5400rpm 40GB
A/C Adapter (brick): A/C Power Adapter 60W (PW-AC 60W)

The motherboard has 2 Serial ports on it. And I'm Crossing my fingers hoping that it supports PXE-Boot (as there is no CD-Rom attached to this machine).

If I plug both the receiver and the tv into the 2 available serial ports, will the Media Director Software be able to use these devices out-of-the-box? Or am I screwed?

Also, I have the Motorola DCH3200 HD Set-top box through Comcast. It has available Firewire ports on it, however, i'm not 100% sure what the capabilties / steps are to hook it up to the main server. How does this differ from hooking up a tv to the bare coax? Also, this box has Optical Audio Output for 5.1 Audio channels. This output is currently directly connected to my AV Receiver and NOT the LinuxMCE Server. I'm not exactly sure how I can hook up this Box to the Server, and broadcast to all the Media Directors. Also I currently have the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE card, however, this card obviously does not support storing content in HD. Is there a card available out there that's compatible with LinuxMCE that I can use to record HD content?

Also, I currently have VoiceEclipse as a VOIP provider... I have 2 IP Phones (Linksys SPA942 phones) in different locations in the house. The wiki says this provider is supported, yet, it is not an available option to choose in the LinuxMCE server setup. Is there some other way this needs to be setup?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:22:55 am by usaf-lt-g »

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Compatibility Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:01:54 pm »
any ideas?

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:06:50 pm »
Here's the setup... ideas?

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:03:43 am »
So... nobody has a clue what I'm asking or what I'm talking about? I can't be the only person to have a setup similar to this....  ???