Author Topic: WinTV NOVA-T Installation  (Read 11630 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
WinTV NOVA-T Installation
« on: November 01, 2005, 11:05:35 pm »
Hi

Having problems using the Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-T model 909.
Looked at the MythTV site which syas the card should be supported but cannot get myth to recognise the card.
Firstly which drivers should i be using for this card? I tried the ivtv with no luck. Looking at other sites says it should use the CX88_dvb drivers is this the blackbird drivers??
Has anyone else had experience with this card or does pluto staff have any ideas??

Im beginning to feel like a dunce!! I know go sit in the corner with that hat on but hey we were all beginners once!!

Regards

Paul

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 02:55:57 pm »
Well... cx88-dvb was disabled from building because it failed to compile. I'm working now to update our sources and build it, but now I get missing symbols. This goes in the blackbird package, yes.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:59:01 pm »
Ok. So basically dvb support for this card is not gonna work at present then.
So when do you expect the driver to be compiled and added to the source and when it is how do i install, can it be added or will I have to wait till next release??
Can a time frame be given to when i am likely to be able to use this card?
Also in the mean time is there a list of BVD-~T cards that are working already?

Regards

Paul

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 12:53:44 am »
The next release will have these drivers. The sources are also in SVN if you wish to compile them yourself (and nothing bad enough to need downtime happens to the server when you need it), in which case you'll also need to manually compile two dvb front end modules from the kernel tree: or51132 and lgdt330 (both will be in next release' cx88 package)