Author Topic: separate hard disk with libraries not showing on md  (Read 2589 times)

jonsnipes

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
separate hard disk with libraries not showing on md
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:10:15 am »
having trouble with my libraries and diskless md..  all my libraries are on a separate harddrive.  linuxmce did not detect them automatically so i had to link them to the /home/public/data/videos directory.  this works great on the core/md but when i set up the diskless mds the links arent functional.  ive tried linking the folders to a samba share of the libraries which gave me a link, but the link opened a new window through konqueror and couldnt load through mce.  is there a way to manually add directories to the mce library?  or a better way to link the folders to work..  ive checked all the permissions many times...  thanks
-Jon

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: separate hard disk with libraries not showing on md
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:24:30 am »
Hi,

quite some time ago I had same problem. It seems that file share service (whatever it is) doesn't support sub directories by default. I solved that by adding separate share for subdirectory. Dirty, but worked at that time...

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

jonsnipes

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:09:03 pm »
got it...  if you mount the drive directly to /home/public/data itll work
-Jon

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 07:09:55 pm »
*hmm*

you should _NOT_ circumvent the mounting services inside LinuxMCE.

Make Hard Drive entries (1790) if you have to, if it can't find the disk. advanced->Configuration->Devices

and fill out the block device, filesystem, and PK_Users entries for the disk at minimum.

-Thom

jonsnipes

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 03:39:18 am »
well finally thank someone for an answer ive been asking about this for a week or more
-Jon