Author Topic: Big problems with graphic card settings  (Read 2772 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Big problems with graphic card settings
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:35:27 pm »
Hello!

My problem at the moment is that when I change the resolution to an invalid setting, or change the card, or something to make it not work(no screen), all the network services disables itself as well.

It is the network router and dhcp server, so when the screen is not working, for a strange reason the network wont work either. I cannot contact it through ssh, web or orbiter.

Earlier I had an Radeon 8000 card, now I changed to a Radeon 9225 card. I now tried to use the driver for "Radeon 8500 or newer", and thats when the screen got blank.

The same is also for a 2nd computer/core/hybrid at work. Just changed that videocard as well. Same result. I get the BIOS and the boot text, but when Onscreen Orbiter loads, the screen goes blank. And also, up untill that point, the network is ok.

Only soultion I've found so far is to reinstall. And for the 5th time tonight, that gets a bit anoying.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 08:10:39 pm »
There is no direct connection between those two as far as I know.

When networking dies, does it stay dead, or does it come back after a minute or so?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 07:28:16 pm »
I can't connect because there is no network. And yes, it stays dead untill I reinstall.