Author Topic: Is it possible to play within linuxmce an ppt or pps file from Impress  (Read 2399 times)

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to play within linuxmce an ppt or pps file from Impress, beacause i know that you can start Openoffice Impress ( open source powerpoint ) in kiosk mode ( full screen ), does someone has some experience with this or maybe want to help me.

Thnx in advance,

Dave

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to play within linuxmce an ppt or pps file from Impress
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 05:31:54 pm »
in order to do this, would need to actually implement the Docs mediatype. This may be one of my future projects after I finish my work on the game mediatype.

-Thom

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:06 pm »
Thom,

Thanx for you're quick reply, can i do some research or do some work in order to make this work?

Thnx in avance,

Dave

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:46:52 pm »
yes, read up on DCE on the wiki, also look at Media_Plugin, and the current media plugins (Xine_Plugin, MythTV_Plugin) and their associated players if you wish to write a new media type device, which is essentially what you'll be doing.

Essentially you'll need to write a media plugin to take care of creating streams (File handles + metadata) for the Docs media type, which sends commands to a Document_Player, which opens the appropriate bits of OpenOffice as needed using the App Server.

the SVN is here... http://svn.charonmedia.org/ go grab and take a look.

-Thom