Author Topic: MP3 album playback order only alphabetical ?  (Read 2499 times)

Bob

• View Profile
MP3 album playback order only alphabetical ?
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:38:24 pm »
Hello,

I looked around, but could not find a solution. I installed LinuxMCE 0710 BETA3
and everything works so far.

I imported my MP3 collection. Every file has a ID'3 tag. Files are stored in a folders for each album.

I can't simply playback a album, songs are always in alphabetical order (not in track order)?!
What do I wrong? ???

The playback of the audio files seems a little confusing.
Is there a instruction? I could not find one.

Thank's in advance.

Bob.

Bob

• View Profile
Re: MP3 album playback order only alphabetical ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:47:18 pm »
Has anyone the same problem? ???

Bob.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:18:38 am »
Nothing, yes everyone has the same problem. It is sorting alphabetically on Title rather than filename, so even if you have the track numbers at the front of the filename it still does this. I have logged a Mantis about it, and noticed someone else logging a similar issue. Sorting by track number, or a choice would be the best option, I think. Failing that, you have to create a playlist in the admin site to get the order right.... activity on Mantis seems very low over the last few days.... not sure if that means they are getting ready to release, or just they are really busy with certain issues...

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 09:05:27 am »
Thank you for the information.
This meens I'm not a complette dummy.  :)

Bob.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:07:02 am by Bob »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 07:34:29 am »
Just read my mantis ticket - it has been resolved. It has been changed to sort the playlist by Track attribute and then Title. So if your track attributes are set correctly (they will be for a Rip of an album) then it will play correctly. I have re-opened the ticket and asked if they can change it so that the sort is Track, then Filename, then Title. As even if the track is not set, many people rip their tracks with filenames in the format "01 - First Track Number; etc) and so sorting this alphabetically will work just as well as a backup....