Author Topic: WinTV-PVR-150 Problems  (Read 5881 times)

ch0de

• View Profile
WinTV-PVR-150 Problems
« on: October 24, 2007, 10:33:06 pm »
LinuxMCE did not see the WinTV-PVR-150

So based on this page  http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-PVR-150_MCE
 I did this

apt-get install ivtv-firmware
rmmod ivtv
modprobe ivtv

But it didn't work so i researched and found i really needed to do this

sudo apt-get install ivtv-firmware
sudo rmmod ivtv
sudo modprobe ivtv

However the second command Gives an error which says "ERROR: Module ivtv does not exist in /proc/modules"

And Linuxmce still dosen't see the card..  any ideas?

mikesignguy

• View Profile
Re: WinTV-PVR-150 Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:43:55 am »
i second
mine also said the ivtv is current

rwilson131

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:08:47 pm »
Try
Code: [Select]
sudo depmode -ae
sudo modprobe ivtv

mikesignguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:41:53 am »
i think u you mean sudo depmod -ae

leonja

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 03:19:17 am »
Hi,
I have also been wrestling with getting my new Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE TV card to work with LMCE.  I was getting an error in Mythtv every time saying that all available inputs were being used by Mythtv.  After four days of trying different options, reading every related post I could find in the forum, reinstalling LMCE several times, and even trying out Knoppmyth, I finally found how to make it work. 

I had everything else in the UI more or less working as it should.  It turns out that the Mythtv setup in LMCE does not work out of the box with the PVR-150.  You need to do the following:

1.  Start Mythtv Setup under the Computing option of the LMCE UI.

2.  Go to Capture Cards, Add new card.  Mythtv can see that there is a PVR-150 card available.  Change the V4L option to MPEG-2.  You should now see there is a new entry on the list for your PVR-150.

3.  Go to Sources and add a new source for your cable provider.  You should see the new entry on the list of sources.

4.  Go to Connections.  You now select Tuner1 and specify this tuner is connected to the source you just created.  Tell the setup program to scan for channels.

Thats it.  Exit setup and now the Mythtv "Watch TV" option should work.

Best of luck,
Jaime
Selectron 42 inch LCD TV
AMD Athlon 2800+ on MSI K7N Motherboard
2x512MB DDR400 RAM
PNY Nvidia FX 5700 AGP video card
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE capture card
Integrated Realtek 5.1 audio

haputanlas

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:46 pm »
Thanks Jaime,

Your suggestion helped me out. The only problem is that I donĀ“t get all of the stations that I am subscribed to. Many of the channels are just static. On top of that, the quality is below normal for the stations that I am getting (may be the wintv-pvr-150).

Justin

leonja

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 11:26:37 pm »
Justin,
I get my cable channels directly from the cable provider without going through a decoder box.  If you have a cable box installed, you will need to connect the cable box video and sound output to the PVR-150 corresponding input connectors, not the coaxial cable connector.  If this is the case, then you should specify your video source connects to the composite port or s-video port of your PVR-150, instead of Tuner1.

Regards,
Jaime           
Selectron 42 inch LCD TV
AMD Athlon 2800+ on MSI K7N Motherboard
2x512MB DDR400 RAM
PNY Nvidia FX 5700 AGP video card
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE capture card
Integrated Realtek 5.1 audio

grepico

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 07:41:59 pm »
I also have PVR 150 but I'm having a different problem.

Got my cable box all setup, MythTV setup.  However here's my problem.

When I go to TV I have to set the MythTV to channel 4 to see my cable box output, this works fine but I then have to use my cable box remote to change channels and the MythTV guide and record functions are useless because tuning to any channel other than 4 gives static.

My question is, how can I get my cable box's tuning ability to work native in the UI?  Meaning if I tell it to go to channel 22 it changes the channel on the cable box, not on Myth tuner and likewise for recording?