Author Topic: External_Media_Identifier (id-my-disk)  (Read 2885 times)

digitaldan

• View Profile
External_Media_Identifier (id-my-disk)
« on: February 02, 2008, 06:44:47 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to find the source to /usr/bin/External_Media_Identifier.  As far as I can tell this is part of the id-my-disk deb package, but I can't find its source in the public svn or through dpkg. Anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks
Dan-

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: External_Media_Identifier (id-my-disk)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 07:44:10 pm »
you're not the only one.... this seems to be one of those mysterious chunks of code that is only built inside Pluto.. we really need to re-implement it.. and I need to implement a special media identifier for my MAME Plugin.

-Thom

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:52:02 pm »
some brainstorming with tschak:
<_hari_> so
 if we not look the identifier up in getconfig
 but build a list in 839
 (we prolly need associations in some relation table)
<TSCHAK> yeah
 MediaType_MediaIdentifier
<_hari_> we then could send the proper identifier in the CMD_Identify_Media
 and ideally we would iterate over all media types and not have MEDIATYPE_pluto_StoredVideo_CONST hardcoded
<TSCHAK> ok
<_hari_> the disk drive should send cmd 839 to the media plugin and not call cmd_identify_media directly
 i'm sure i overlook something (not that deep in media stuff yet) but that change for the media plugin would be a few lines
 even if we don't change disk drive yet we would get the mame zip files handled by the correct identifier
 and when somebody feels like integrating amazon covers and cddb and such in some new identifier we would only have to assign that in the new relations table
<TSCHAK> *nod*
 I'm going to try some small changes...
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

digitaldan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:38:38 am »
The more I looked the more I realized the amount of mystery surrounding it.  BTW, I hate to admit it but I think linuxmce will loose its stellar DVD recognition by going to amazon or cddb ( do they do DVD's?), running the unix command 'strings' on the binary shows its connecting to windowsmedia.com for its information and is probably the reason for the mystery.

D-

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:47:26 am »
yeah, we found it too. they don't want to release the code for that, because they might get in trouble.... waah waah waah

Honestly, I could give a damn, I would just like a hollowed out copy of the EMI that has WORKING LOGIC so that I could do my MAME work!

*PISSED*

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

-Thom