Archive > Orbiter Mobile - Users

Support for other mobiles (bluetooth)

(1/2) > >>

archived:
I have a bluetooth-dongle connected to my hybrid, and it detects my mobile phone, a SE K750i.

Though it ain't symbian or windows mobile, it would be nice to be able to
have it connected to the follow-me function. Since it detects it, it also should be possible to detect precense of it, or not.

Is this a good idea?

archived:
Hi,

Follow-me doesn't work this way, it's not so simple. Once the mobile phone is detected in the second room, bluetooth-dongle tries to connect to it. Only if it succeeds and follow-me for media for e.g. was activated, it moves the media playing in the first room to play in the second one.

The problem is that bluetooth-dongle cannot get the signal strength if it's not connected to the mobile. So, your phone might be detected by both bluetooth-dongles every 5-10 seconds, making follow-me feature a nightmare :) (imagine a movie playing 5 seconds in the first room, 5 seconds in the seconds room, again 5 seconds in the first room, etc). Right now, bluetooth-dongle doesn't disconnect the phone if the signal strength is strong enough and this makes the feature stable.

Best regards,
Chris M.

archived:
Ok, thats a good explanation.

But how about connection to a different service?
Like fileexchange, or something like it.

My point is that the follow-me feature would be great/expected to have in such a great/advanced system, but not enough to buy a different phone. And seriously, not Nokia(Series60) or Windows Mobile ;) And I don't want to use my mobile as a remote. But thats probably just me.

And by allowing other phones to be used as well the supportet devices expand.

archived:
Hi,

It's possible to implement something like this, but I don't see it working in the near future... However, I would rather prefer to have mobile orbiter to run on a Sony-Erricson phone then to have bluetooth-dongle to connect to a application that might be or not be on that phone, behaving differently on different models of phones, etc.

Best regards,
Chris M.

archived:

--- Quote from: "nomore" ---I have a bluetooth-dongle connected to my hybrid, and it detects my mobile phone, a SE K750i.

Though it ain't symbian or windows mobile, it would be nice to be able to
have it connected to the follow-me function. Since it detects it, it also should be possible to detect precense of it, or not.

Is this a good idea?
--- End quote ---

Hi,

I also have similar idea. Although I think that follow me is not so badly wanted - but anyway it would be nice feature to just identify persons with bluetooth phones :

- so for the first time - you detect device - give it a name, and then recognize it afterwards.....

- also it would be nice feature to be able to track inhouse person's location

Another question:
- I get that we can get signal strentgh only when MO is connected to Core. But is this limitation of Pluto implementation of bluez modules? I could be wrong, but if bluetooth device is detected, isn't there a way to get signal strength without connection ?
I've read about RSSI, but I'm not sure on how many devices this is possible.

Also adding feature for MO to use Pluto core as IP gateway would be useful - although I don't know how much work it requires....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version