Author Topic: AppServer  (Read 3179 times)

rrambo

• Guru
    • View Profile
AppServer
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:03:43 pm »
Can someone give me a rundown of everything that appserver is responsible for?  It seems to me like there are issues with appserver in 7.10.  I know others have had issues..  When I tried to run the 64-bit version of Beta3, appserver would never start, even after multiple installs...  So I tried the 32-bit install and had no problems until 2 nights ago..  I had to reboot my hybrid (not the first time since install) and now all of a sudden appserver won't start anymore.  Worked fine for a couple of weeks and now it won't start..  No changes have been made to my system.

It seems many people are having issues with 7.10 that were not an issue with 7.04 including appserver, cifs mounted file systems disappearing, inability to download and install the additional software packages, etc...  not really seeing much in mantis about this..  it appears that the developers aren't having these problems with their test machines...

dan g

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: AppServer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:54 pm »
the cifs anda samba issues hopefully are fixed, the app server that you're talking I never saw.
add mantis and please add logs too.

have you looked at logs yet? and useful information?

rrambo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:04:35 pm »
the cifs anda samba issues hopefully are fixed, the app server that you're talking I never saw.
add mantis and please add logs too.

have you looked at logs yet? and useful information?

I knew you would ask that... I have, but haven't come up with any useful information yet except for when trying to run 64-bit version I was getting App_Server (xxxxx) Trap divide error rip:xxxxxx..  last night I looked in /var/log/pluto and all the logs were empty files.... so no, unfortunately I can't provide much useful information..  when I can narrow down some useful log info I will post a mantis....

rrambo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:56:38 pm »
Last night my wife wanted to watch a video.. clicked on my videos and one of my cifs shares was missing again..  rebooted, share came back, appserver started fine, went to /var/log/pluto and all the logs were now there however since everything was working again, couldn't find anything to explain why I was having a problem before...  what does appserver have to do with generating logs in /var/log/pluto ?  if nothing, then why were all the logs empty when appserver wasn't running?