Author Topic: FreePBX reporting broken in 0710-beta3?  (Read 5017 times)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
FreePBX reporting broken in 0710-beta3?
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:04:22 pm »
When I go in the web-admin to Advanced > Configuration > Phones setup and click Reports, I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
[nativecode=Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)] ** mysql://:@localhost/asteriskcdrdb
Couldn't find anything with google about it, so I was wondering does anybody else get that and/or maybe knows how to fix it?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: FreePBX reporting broken in 0710-beta3?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:30:10 pm »
It was working on the 704 version (AMP). The "flash operators panel" doesn't work on the 704 version however.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:30:43 am »
When I go in the web-admin to Advanced > Configuration > Phones setup and click Reports, I get the following error:
[nativecode=Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)] ** mysql://:@localhost/asteriskcdrdb
Couldn't find anything with google about it, so I was wondering does anybody else get that and/or maybe knows how to fix it?
Hi,

I'm more or less inexperienced mysql guy, but I think that this is an error that needs bug report. Basically it means, that user "www-data" (this is user under which apache is usually running) cannot access Asterisk internal database in sql... Cause my lack of sql knowledge I like to use phpmyadmin. You can try to fix it with adding new user "www-data" that has access to that database. But anyway if someone else also confirms this, then it should be reported as a bug...

I'll try mine tomorrow and see if I'll get same error.

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:39:51 am »
After some more digging, I tried setting the username/password as described here, but that didn't help so I fixed the other end.  As root do on the core:
mysql -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asteriskcdrdb.* TO 'www-data'@'localhost'"
I notice bulek just posted the same suggestion while writing this, thanks.  Seems like the php page is unable to get the credentials from the config file properly.  And If some people could confirm that this is not just my setup then it can be reported to mantis.
-- Anonymous

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:53:11 am »
After some more digging, I tried setting the username/password as described here, but that didn't help so I fixed the other end.  As root do on the core:
mysql -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asteriskcdrdb.* TO 'www-data'@'localhost'"
I notice bulek just posted the same suggestion while writing this, thanks.  Seems like the php page is unable to get the credentials from the config file properly.  And If some people could confirm that this is not just my setup then it can be reported to mantis.
I can confirm this also on 701 B3 virgin setup... It shows when I enter Reports section. I also vote for mantis report.

I also spot that flash panel is not working (but it would be really useful, to be able to control Asterisk from nice flash web GUI . check http://www.asternic.org/demo.php )

I also cannot login into voicemail. it says in installation process that pin is also used for voicemail retrieve... But if you check /etc/voicemail.conf, there is no password for user....

I've posted  mantis thread : http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=3883

Regards,

Bulek.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:00:57 am by bulek »
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:09:41 pm »
Thanks, I've added some comments there as well.
-- Anonymous