Author Topic: Tv Series, Movie info  (Read 2439 times)

stowaway

• First post!
    • View Profile
Tv Series, Movie info
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:52:20 pm »
hi,
im thinking about switching from a Windows based media center to a linux based one (for stability)

was wondering does this media centre offer a Tv series plugin that automatically organises my downloaded tv shows and sorts them into tv show - series - eposide? (downloading all info from internet)

also does it automatically download movie posters and info for my movie collection.

augalex

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Tv Series, Movie info
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:03:58 am »
Hi stowaway, and welcome,

first of all, it,ll be for sure a good choice to switch to lmce, even though it does not support (at the moment) to get infos about your already captured TV-Shows or organize them automatically.
Your dvds will automatically get their data, cover and attributes from amazon.com when you rip them, or you can use for already ripped dvds or movies, the media update deamon manually to organize your media.

greetz

augalex

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
Re: Tv Series, Movie info
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:19:26 am »
also does it automatically download movie posters and info for my movie collection.
As long as Amazon carries it it should pick it up, but it's not a perfect world.
In other cases LMCE will usually have you put in a title yourself instead of picking a totally random title that "kind of fits" (in my experience).

Welcome to the club, I do suggest you look a bit around and read up a bit on what exactly LMCE is, and how it can fit your needs the best.