Ok, so back in 704 I was told that my issue had something to do with how Myth interfaces with LMCE and that once 710 comes out everything should be cleared up. I updated last night and everything looked fine as far as my media is concerned. Went to try to watch tv... and once again myth locked up after a few seconds of tv. I ran through the setup wizard again to make sure there wasn't any changes made.
Is there something I am missing, perhaps I set up my Hauppauge 150 wrong?
this has been really frustrating. any ideas?
Have pretty much the same issue as you do.
The only difference is that I´m using DVB-T (nova-t 500) instead.
0704 was pretty much useless from a myth perspective.
Both front and backend crashed often.
In 0710 beta 3 the backend seem to be pretty stable now.
But the frontend is unusable. I have been told that the problem is most likely in myth-plugin.
I tend to agree with that since my mythbuntu machine never crash.
I have started a discussion with DanielK about how to diagnoze this behavior.
I´m as eager as you to solve this. Since without livetv functionality lmce, no matter how good the other parts may be will not be family compatible and thus not allowed for day-to-day use. At least in my family.
I encourage all people that have problem with myth to add up to this thread just to see how many of you do have problems.
One workaround that I have verified (got from another lmce iser) to work good (need a couple of more days to really say) is to use another machine with only myth-frontend. no lmce installed.