Author Topic: Core (1) has bad mac address  (Read 2358 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Core (1) has bad mac address
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:16:22 am »
Whilst messing around with my b3 system, I have noticed an error message on the console saying something about a bad mac address. I have had some networking issues, but mostly to do with the pnp - discovered my windows share, added it, resynced the media and could play everything, but then the next day it was all gone, and errors to do with having problems mounting the CIFS share, however I could access all my media and play it through the KDE desktop no problem! I struggled for a while trying to delete that device and get pnp to re-add it. Even deleted the lease in /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf, and forced it to renew... still nothing, even though the dhcp_pnp log is showing new device detected!

Anyway, whilst I was in the dhcpd.conf file I noticed it had # core (1) has bad mac address at the end of the file. I deleted that as well as the lease. Once I finally got it to readd my device, I checked the file again, and the lease was back again (good), but so was the bad mac address message - should I worry about this, as clearly it isn't a bad mac address or I wouldn't have the network and my media!