Author Topic: Restricting access to features for certain user over Orbiter  (Read 10786 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Restricting access to features for certain user over Orbiter
« on: October 25, 2005, 03:54:02 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to create some kind of restricted Orbiter to be put at my friends house, so he can take a look what's going on in my house, but mostly I'd like to enable viewing of sensors and lights and perhaps other certain features, but no viewing of cameras and arming alarm panel....

Is this feature already implemented and how can this be setup at least partially at this moment ? Do I have to go to each group of scenarios and deal with that or can I do it from some central point ?

Also, on Orbiter access restriction for users web page - there are only types of Orbiters on top line, so one cannot distinguish between Orbiters of same type....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:55:58 am »
> some kind of restricted Orbiter
Just create a new room "Friends House".  Put that orbiter in that room and add the restriction that it can only be in that room.  Then only put scenarios in that room that he can do.

> there are only types of Orbiters on top line,
I believe it's actually the descripton of the orbiter, and you can give your orbiters more meaningful descriptions on wizard/devices/orbiters.  If not, send a mantis bug report to vali.g

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:17:39 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
> some kind of restricted Orbiter
Just create a new room "Friends House".  Put that orbiter in that room and add the restriction that it can only be in that room.  Then only put scenarios in that room that he can do.

> there are only types of Orbiters on top line,
I believe it's actually the descripton of the orbiter, and you can give your orbiters more meaningful descriptions on wizard/devices/orbiters.  If not, send a mantis bug report to vali.g

Hi,

thanks for info. I'm not sure if I'm right, but that user will still be able to access floorplans and operate devices there ?

If yes, maybe nice feature would be to put him in read only state - just to look and no changes.... That would also apply for kids Orbiters so they won't be able to operate other devices in house (for instance sprinklers when you're out on grass :-)   )

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 07:55:16 am »
Yes, that's a feature.  We want kids to be able to have fun with the parents when they're out on the grass.  :)

I'll try to come up with some mechanism for solving that.