Author Topic: 0710 b3 amd64 install / pvr-350 not detected  (Read 3571 times)

johnnybirdman

• View Profile
0710 b3 amd64 install / pvr-350 not detected
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:17:17 pm »
I was wondering if anyone who has beta3 0710 installed, or is testing, has the pvr-350 working.  I can see it with a lspci but it does not show in the LinuxMCE wizard. and when I try to open mythtv it keeps saying everything is busy, over and over, the same message.

Otherwise, my beta3 test install is working fine, dvd rip and playback work fine.  next to try pxe boot and hook up file storage.

naturalblue

• View Profile
Re: 0710 b3 amd64 install / pvr-350 not detected
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 01:39:53 pm »
Hi
I am having the exact same issue, does anyone have a workaround until this is fixed.
Regards

johnnybirdman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:51:24 pm »
I went into the web admin and manually added the card.  It's added as a 250 which I guess is basically the same.  After that I went back through the setup wiz, can see the card now, but couldn't get the card or IR remote to work.  Got busy and haven't' got back to working on it yet.  If you get anywhere please let us know.

naturalblue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 11:44:33 am »
Has anyone an update on this. This is the one thing I hate about OS projects. You ask a question and a lot of the time no one gives you a reply. Even if someone had a suggestion, but no instead you keep checking back to find no reply and end up having to use a half-working system, or move on to some proprietary piece of crap because at least they support your hardware. I mean if you check through the forum, i think every time this question has been raised the post ends up lying stagnant after people just give up helping.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 04:43:44 pm »
Has anyone an update on this. This is the one thing I hate about OS projects. You ask a question and a lot of the time no one gives you a reply. Even if someone had a suggestion, but no instead you keep checking back to find no reply and end up having to use a half-working system, or move on to some proprietary piece of crap because at least they support your hardware. I mean if you check through the forum, i think every time this question has been raised the post ends up lying stagnant after people just give up helping.
Maybe you should stop acting like a customer, because you're not.  But if you insist on being one, there ya go: http://fiire.com/support.php
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous