Cannot bring the pieces together. By themselves they seem to work, but not combined
What I have now:
- dedicated core (wired to wi-fi DSL modem). *works ok*
- diskless laptop booting form the network - *works as MD ok*
- another diskless laptop with CF in USB:
-- Kubuntu installed on CF *works ok*
-- wireless card set up - I can surf internet through core's DHCP and ssh the core. on the wifi I get correct MCE IP (192.168.80.3) *works ok*
But I cannot get second laptop to work as MD
- tried to install Kubuntu/MCE from DVD - *fail* it just cannot set up on CF i guess
- tried to install MCE only from CDs - *fail*. Installation goes down to completion and advises to reboot, but after reboot MCE doent start.. I see normal Kubuntu desktop..
sometimes I got "Waiting for /usr/pluto/var... FAIL" after reboot.
Is there any way to set up "non-diskless" MD? Generally: Can I setup LinuxMCE on the full-fledged computer and connect it to the core as the MD (without PXE boot)? Please advise on the steps..