Yep, I've tried every device that is identified to rip to. It's really strange, It's really started happening to new movies, where it could not identify the name of the movie and then it progressed to not being able to identify the disk due to libdvdcss thinking it's not installed. Many times I've selected a device and received the message that the device was out of space.
I cannot copy any new DVD's in the past week, but every three or so times that insert and remove an old DVD it copies it. Just starting on Sunday I began to get the error on ripping as follows:
Ripping Failed, error reading disk "/dev/cdrom; Input/Output Error: /mnt/dev/29/public/dvd name.
MAN I'm out of options. I've check every forum and nothing has been able to help.
If you know of anything please pass it on.